Friday, June 26, 2015

The Making of a Book Cover

I'm excited to announce that my sister, Retta Stephenson, at Art By Retta is showing how she made the book cover to Galaxy Nomads: Chronicles of the MacKenzie Clan on Friday June 26th. You can discover this fascinating process by going to her blog. CLICK HERE.





Retta is an accomplished artist who has pictures at Fine Art America. She spends hours making her pictures by hand, instead of digitally, as is the current fashion. Her balance of colors is wonderful and I'm amazed at how she chooses her subjects. Retta has her collection posted HERE, which is her website.



I am encouraged by her spirit and enthusiasm when she decides to do a project. One person once described it as a bulldog. She bites down and doesn't let go. Her work is phenomenal and inspires me in my writing. There is a quote on her website that is one of my favorite:

"You're never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." ~~ C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment