Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you out there who are mothers to children, pets or anything else that causes you to put your heart out. I hope you are having a wonderful day!

I've been thinking about my own mother today, Mary S. Lewin. She's in heaven now and I miss her, especially on special days like today. She was a wonderful mother who gave an extraordinary amount of love to me, especially when I had three children to take care of. My mother gave up her own plans (along with my step-father, John) and moved in with me so I could go back to nursing school. She took care of my children and helped me put my life back together. There aren't enough praises to give her for that kind of love. All I can say is thank you, mother.

And yet, as a mother, I would do it myself for my children. That's the legacy from my mother. I love you, mother!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU!

Mary S. Lewin
September 20, 1922 - October 10,2004


4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day. Will be starting your book tomorrow by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo: Thank you! My daughter brought me two gorgeous bunches of flowers for Mother's Day. I put them in a vase in front of my computer so I can see them while I'm there. So inspiring!

      I hope you enjoy my book.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful tribute. My children treated me to a wonderful day yesterday. Hope yours was the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I had a wonderful day with a special salmon dinner that my daughter cooked for me. I'm still enjoying my flowers!

      Delete