Thursday, January 22, 2015

Recommended Reading

I've been doing a lot of reading the last few months and the author that stuck out as an exceptional Young Adult writer was Tamora Pierce. Her writing has traveled the globe and caused readers to become fascinated with what seems to be her favorite subject, magic.

In her Circle of Magic quartet, Ms. Pierce introduced four unforgettable mages-in-training. Each mage develop as unique young people with as story of their own. The Circle Opens is about these same young people four years later when they acquire their first students in magecraft.

I'm halfway through The Circle Opens and am dazzled by Ms. Pierce's ability to create her stories. Her writing is a lesson in YA writing and inspires me to create my own stories with the same intertwined plots. Each scene she writes is woven into the next one until you realize you're almost done with the book. I recommend her to anyone interested in YA literature and hope you read her books if you haven't already.


2 comments:

  1. My daughter read on of her series and I think I read one or two books. I agree that she's an exceptional writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan: Even though I'm not a young adult I've enjoyed her books also. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete