Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Insecure Writer's Support Group

I've been away from my blog for more time than usual as I finish up the last few chapters of my final novel in my Dragon Stone Trilogy and I re-write and edit a short story for a book. I apologize to my readers, since it is you who are left hanging.

I've been at a loss for what to post the last couple of weeks. My mind has been wavering on wondering why I should continue to post and what is it I could possibly have to say. Today I will tell you I'm feeling overwhelmed by edits and re-writes that make me wonder if my work is up to par. Perhaps all writers go through this stage while trying to get a manuscript published, and I shouldn't get too worried about it.

Whatever the reason, I can't wait to come up for air so I can take a breather. I'm swamped with chopping adverbs and re-arranging sentences to make the best presentation. Now, even when I'm writing a single paragraph of a letter, I find myself doing re-writes.

Do I feel insecure today? Absolutely! But the famous saying, this too shall pass, is hanging on my lips as I struggle onward.

Coming soon: Dragon's Fury (Dragon Stone Trilogy, Book 3)
 
Darius, the seventh son of the King’s new acolyte, is wanted by the King. Escaping arrest, he’s given a dragon stone and a dragon egg to guard until the egg hatches. Taking the egg to the desert, where the Zandir place him under their protection, the dragon hatches and becomes a loyal friend and fierce protector. The Great One, Zandir’s voice of the gods, gives them a mission to save the kingdom of Mar and reveals the well-kept secret that there is one left alive of the true King’s line. The Queen of Mar has been in hiding with the Zandir. But the false King refuses to go quietly and is exposed as an evil sorcerer that has been traveling through the timelines, taking what he will.

14 comments:

  1. Everything always passes, and it's like the old 'if you have a question, it's likely everyone else has the same question', I'm sure everyone worries but you'll get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes with the re-writes and the edits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susanne: Thank you. I've decided to not pressure myself and take my time.

      Delete
  3. Hang in there! Nothing worth it is easy and you are so right....it will pass. You got this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy: How true: when I struggle through the hard parts, it polishes the entire book.

      Delete
  4. Usually I feel a bit better after doing some rewrites but my latest WIP hasn't done it. I was glad to set it aside and take a breather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you start rewriting your comments and Tweets, you know you need to come up for air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex: How true. I've officially set it aside and am doing some reading.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your edits. When nothing sounds good anymore, it's time to take a break. Love the cover for Medieval Muse by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff: Thanks. My sister is the artist for that cover.

      Delete
  7. l think insecurity comes in waves. It doesn't matter how long we've been writing we still bare our souls. That's hard on anyone. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emaginette: How true. It takes courage to be a writer.

      Delete